Tuesday, January 1, 2013

200 - here comes 2013! Everyone run!


Just a quick little hello to start the year. Noodle, the noodle armed boy says hi! Hope you like his hat.

2012 was really great for me.

I started a pod cast - The Next Element Podcast - and put up over 20 episodes on podbean and iTunes which has gotten some great feedback and very few death threats. Colin Addington and I had some great fun and the pod continues on in earnest. Sharing and chatting on the twitters about and with other podacsts made me a huge fan of An Elegant Weapon which lead to some great episodes, meeting a ton of other podcasters and becoming part of the super cool and all powerful Junk Food Podcast Network.

I showed much interest in an amazing Kickstarter called G.E.E.K. by the man himself Matt Cohen of Bagged and Boarded fame. This unbelievably lead to me getting the coloring job on that book, which I will go back to once I'm done typing this. The story is great, the art is epic, and I can only hope to get the colors up to the standards of the amazing guys I am working with on the book. Matt Cohen, Shawn DePasquale and Axel Ortiz are now some of my favorite people in the world. To stay updated check out this sexy little website: www.geekcomicbook.com.

Plenty of other happenings but I'm not going to get into all of them. The only real goals I set for myself last year were to make more art and by way of that post up more blog posts. According to my little tracker here I put up 59 posts in 2011 and upped that to a nice 71 in 2012. Other than 2009 I have increased blog posts each year since I started this thing in 2008. As far as I am concerned this is a trend I am proud of and plan on continuing. So for 2013 I will have 2 goals, increase the number of posts to this blog - aiming for 80 plus with almost all of them having art if possible, and finish coloring GEEK. That is all. 2 things to focus on and now it is time to start. If you are one of the people reading these things each and everytime they go up I just want to say thank you and you are awesome. We will continue to be awesome together.

Have a great year peoples!


No comments: